Thank you to all the essential workers out there doing their part! *Virtual hugs* and a big THANK YOU for all that you do!
It's another beautiful day outside. It's 75 degrees and sunny. The kids are outside playing. Chants, laughs, and squeals reverb off the houses and can be heard across the pond. You would never imagine we're in the midst of a worldwide pandemic. For the past four weeks, we've been quarantined to our home with the exception of absolutely necessary grocery store runs and work. My sister, Viviene, and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful day and go for a much-needed walk. We were in need of a couple of items so we decided to walk to the nearest store, while grabbing lunch and dessert on the way too.
Life outside resembles that of a ghost town. At this moment in time, a total of 688,019 cases of COVID-19 have been recorded in the United States. 56, 437 Americans have reported a full-recovery, while 35,907 Americans have lost their battle to COVID-19.
It's a sad time in for the world, as we mourn the loss of so many loved ones. It hurts my heart to see so many in pain and suffering. If you haven't been directly affected by Covid-19, many of us have felt the indirect effects due to this pandemic such as job loss or furloughs. Our primary source of income was severed last week due to the pandemic and while it's scary and unknown, we're taking things one week at a time and grateful that we have a little something to fall back on during hard times. I know others may not be as fortunate right now and my heart goes out to them!
Reminder, if you or someone you know is struggling to provide food to their family, remind them to research their local cooperative ministry. Our local county co-op ministry had cars lined up for hours to accept food and household item donations. If you're interested in donating, co-op's will accept non-perishable's such as canned vegetables, canned fruits, canned beans, canned meat, peanut butter, oatmeal, grits, cereal, rice, pasta, baking mix, soups, boxed sides, canned pasta meals. They'll accept personal care items such as shampoo/conditioner, soap, dental care, deodorant, razors, feminine products, diapers and pull-ups, and adult incontinent products. They'll also accept household items such as: dish detergent, laundry detergent, paper towels, napkins, and toilet paper.
While I wish I could help everyone suffering right now, we're doing our part to support our local businesses as much as possible. Some of our favorite places, like brunch spots and wineries, have posted about the struggle to keep their families afloat during this time so we've been supporting those places by purchasing gift cards where we can.
I work in an assisted living facility and I'm so grateful to report we've had zero cases of covid-19. When you hear about the outbreaks hitting nursing homes across the nation, my thoughts and prayers go out to the staff and residents being affected. This has been an anxious and scary time as we all fear for the safety of ourselves and our loved ones.
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone on the frontlines and all the essential workers who work behind the scenes or hands-on to keep essential businesses, in business!
Stay safe,










It is crazy to see how different life is now compared to just two months ago. That is awesome you guys haven't had any cases at your work. There are several nursing homes here that are full of both staff and residents that have been infected. Hope you guys stay safe!
ReplyDeleteYour little one is so cute! Aren't those COVID stat astounding? I never thought I would ever see anything like this. Glad you got some quality time with your sister! I'm jealous of your weather. It snowed here this week!
ReplyDeleteIt is so strange seeing all these ghost towns! It's a strange time (and world) we live in right now. I'm glad to hear you've had no cases in your assisted living facility though. That must be so terrifying. I can't even imagine. I'm hopeful, however, things will turn soon. Glad you were able to spend some time with your sister though!
ReplyDeleteSO glad to hear your work has experienced 0 cases so far. Hoping you and your loved ones stay safe <3
ReplyDeleteGreen Fashionista
I know it is truly incredible times. Can't lie it is a bit overwhelming. I remember when 911 happened, it seemed everyone in NY knew someone or knew of someone who knew someone in the towers. So many people have died in NY and it is just a number reported on the news. People die alone and can not have funerals. Have to have mass graves. It is surreal. I feel in time I going to find out someone I use to know died from this. A former coworker, a friend I lost touch with.
ReplyDeleteI guess all we can do is take one day at a time...
Allie of
www.allienyc.com
I often feel helpless, unsure of what more I can do to help, and wishing I could do more. I want to add that local schools in my area (Milwaukee) are also providing meals for the community and it's another place for people who need food to go.
ReplyDeleteI've been trying to find the silver lining to all of this and reminding myself of the together times I have been able to have with my family. It helps a little. We have more dinners that we cook all together, more walks together, and have been able to have times away from the usual daily worries. My motto recently has been "live in the now." So far, it's helping.
Danielle from Whether the Storm Blog
I still haven't been out for the past 3 weeks already. I really hope that a vaccine and other forms of cure will be made so that many people would be able to recover and there would be less cases as time passes by.
ReplyDeleteStay safe! :)
xoxo,
SHAIRA
Blog: www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com
How wonderful that your place of work doesn't have any cases - such good news when everyone could use it! Life is so strange now - makes me happy to see people supporting local businesses. I want them to be there when things return to normal!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a lovely post. How wonderful that you are supporting local businesses - we are trying to do that as much as we can too.
ReplyDeleteI love this idea of a day in the life its crazy because my days now are so different than what they used to be! So nice to see and so jealous of your ice cream!!
ReplyDeleteXo, Kelsey
www.petiteinherheels.blogspot.com