Boozing and Cruising


We've had a busy but exciting couple of months. Zac accepted a new job, we moved into our new apartment, my girlfriends and I attended CMA Fest in Nashville, my grandma and aunt moved from Indiana to Georgia, my youngest sister celebrated her birthday and got her drivers license, my best friend is moving, and my sister is moving. SO! It's been chaotic and busy, to say the least, and we've been trying to find the time to get settled into our new place in between all that!


Over the weekend, my best friend and I and her cousins spent the day wine hopping in North Georgia. We started out at Kaya Vineyard & Winery. I ordered a glass of rosé. Tasty! Next, we visited Frogtown Cellars, where we shared a bottle of sweet red muscadine wine. Next, we popped into Monteluce Winery, where I had a glass of red, Dolce Rosso. Our final stop of the day was at Cavender Creek, where I attempted to finish a glass of Pinot Grigio, but I did not have it in me. I was officially "wined" out. I was at that point where I was ready for my PJ's and a bed lol. Too relaxed! We capped our evening with a filling Mexican dinner which is definitely necessary after a day of drinking. Following dinner, we retired back to our cabin for the evening. I sat on the porch for a little while and took in the views, before being the first out to pass out for the evening. 


I love waking up in the mountains. If you're an avid reader of mine then you know I always preach about how relaxed I feel when I'm in the mountains for the weekend.

I've always had this dream in the back of my mind where I buy a piece of land in the mountains and put a travel trailer or a tiny house on the property. I'm obsessed with Tiny Homes. I think they're adorable but also embody the ultimate form of simplicity. If I'm getting out of the city for the weekend, simplicity is exactly what I'm searching for. 


After months of my fur-baby staying with my grandma, he's finally back at home with us again. We were between places after our move from Savannah to Atlanta and my grandma agreed to care for him until we got settled again. Kansas has been so excited to be back, but it's been an adjustment for Zac and I, as we're having to get back into our dog-friendly routine. Kansas also has major separation anxiety when left at home alone, so we've been trying to figure out how to manage the three-hour gap between the time I leave for work, and the time Zac gets home from work. Now that we're in an apartment, we can't have him barking and disturbing the entire building, so I've been trying everything! Lavender dog treats for anxiety, Benadryl as a chill pill, even a bark collar. He barks right over the zap. If you have any advice, please share! 


We had a gorgeous sunset Sunday night! After weeks of rain, (rainiest summer ever so far!) we finally had a clear evening with a beautiful sunset too. 



Thursday night, we enjoyed another beautiful (non-rainy) afternoon riding in the jeep with the top off. We explored backroads we've never driven down and ended up coming across some gorgeous hidden homes. I love when you're on an old road and there's an old house, an older house, a junky house that looks like it's having a yard sale, and then BAM, a gorgeous mansion in the middle of nowhere. Sounds like perfect spot if you ask me, lol. We enjoyed the rest of our afternoon riding around town before heading home.


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments

Thanks for visiting!