Congrats Mr. & Mrs!


One of Zac's new job perks is free flights. However, we fly standby so free can also mean that you will spend the entire day at the airport waiting for a flight. After 8 hours of waiting on standby, we finally made it on a flight. We changed our itinerary and flew into OKC. We landed in Oklahoma City late Sunday night and drove the rest of the distance to Wichita, KS. 
Zac drove for the first hour before he started getting sleepy. I could see his eyes starting to close shut from the passenger seat, so we pulled over and did a Chinese fire drill swap. I drove the remaining hour to Wichita, Kansas and we arrived early Monday morning around 2:30am.


Monday was the day! The bride and her bridesmaids started their morning off with doughnuts and make-up. We spent the first half of the day setting up at the venue, and I made errands back n' forth to their house to retrieve forgotten wedding decorations. Thankfully, the venue was just a short 30-minute drive away.


Anthony and Amanda's ceremony took place outside, where they said their "I do's" under a beautifully decorated arch! Zac walked his Mom down the aisle and his brother walked Amanda down the aisle. The bride and groom's dogs were also in the wedding, wearing the cutest wedding-themed tux collars. It was a beautiful ceremony, as everyone walked down the aisle to live music. 


The reception took place inside. I thought the drapery hung from the ceiling was gorgeous. It really made the space come together and feel special. For dinner, we enjoyed the most tender bbq chicken with a side of potato casserole. Dinner was delicious and dessert too! For dessert, you could choose yellow or chocolate cake, or a slice of tiramisu. Yum!


Amanda looked gorgeous on her special day. She was cracking us up earlier in the day when she kept saying, "This is MY day. I get whatever I want because it's MY day", lol. Zac was so sweet and made a Snapchat filter for his sister's wedding. I was in awe. That was so thoughtful of him! 


It's funny when you're visiting someone else's family because you always get all the questions like, "When will it be your turn?" or "When is Zac going to put a ring on it?" I just laugh and answer, "Who knows!" All-day I kept telling everyone, "That bouquet is mine!" Sure enough, I caught the bouquet and Zac caught the garter. I was so excited, you would have thought Zac got down on one knee right then and there. Haha, I told him that this means the countdown is officially on! The powers have spoken! Lol


 

We wrapped up the night with some fun at the photo booth and gave the bride and groom a bubbly send-off. Literally, we blew bubbles. Congrats Anthony and Amanda!

No comments

Thanks for visiting!