5 Months// First UGA Game


Viviene officially attended her first UGA football game this past weekend!

The weather was warm and sunny and we felt confident that this would be a good weekend to take her inside with us. Previously, my parents let us go in and they stayed back with her at the tailgate. 


Following proper Athen's tradition, we took Viviene's selfie in front of the Sanford Stadium jumbotron. As we waited in the unusually long line to get inside the gate, baby girl took advantage of the time and took a nap. Everyone was cooing and awe-ing as they looked over to see her. Naturally, I always have these mama-hormones brewing inside of me just ready for someone to say something negative about having my baby out at a football game. Like, let a hater say something about the matter. I'm ready for you! Haha, can anyone else relate to this? I think social media prepares you for so much "mom-hate" that I naturally feel defensive about my choices.


We were excited to share this moment with her but I can't lie. I was slightly terrified of how she would do. She's mostly breastfed but we'll occasionally give her a bottle out of convenience. Halfway through the game, she kept refusing the bottle so I had to take her to the bathroom to feed her. Breastfeeding in a bathroom stall has been quite the experience. I cross my leg on top of the other and hunch over towards her to give her the boob and hold that position for as long as I can before my leg goes numb lol and then repeat again on the other side. 


30 minutes later, we returned with a happy baby a full belly! "Those were some good concessions, Mom!" This is one of my favorite pictures we have of her to date. So precious! Also, did I mention that my grandma made Viviene's bib? She's so crafty and does a lot of sewing in her downtime. I mentioned the idea of making Viviene some bibs one day and the next day, my grandma delivered an entire stack of bibs. That's love! <3 


We counted down the remaining seconds until halftime and watched Papi go out onto the field to represent his company for work. His company was sponsoring a challenge where if the participant threw the ball through the target, she could win a year of free groceries! She didn't end up hitting the target, but she still walked away with a $500 gift card. Not too shabby!


The fourth quarter of the game ended up being a nail bitter and we ended up tied against South Carolina, 17-17. We went into overtime and lost 20-17. Boo! 


It was a great weekend with the family and a memory we'll forever treasure the memory made with our sweet baby girl. 

No comments

Thanks for visiting!