Another weekend of football for the books! This weekend we attended the 25th SEC Championship game featuring, Alabama vs. Florida. My dad is from Alabama and a big Alabama fan, so my parents took the RV down to Atlanta on Thursday night and set everything up for a weekend of tailgating. I had to work so I drove down Saturday morning for the game.
Full disclosure: The only time you will ever see me in these colors, is if my life is on the line or my Dad buys SEC Championship tickets and invites you to go with him. In that case, we wear Alabama for moral support only. My heart was filled with betrayal and I knew it was an SEC sin to be a UGA fan dressed in disguise. Lol, at the end of the day, I'm just here to witness Florida get their asses kicked because we're rivals and that's that.
During halftime, they honored past MVP's. Peyton Manning was on the sign lines being booed since he used to play for Tennesee. Tim Tebow got a standing ovation being that his home team was in the house.
Florida scored the first touchdown and hung in there for a little while before Alabama gained the lead. As usual, Florida was playing rough and tough like usual. An Alabama player was out of bounds when the Florida players picks him up and throws him down to the ground, WWE style. So unnecessary! Finally, the referee called it and ejected the player for unnecessary roughness. Alabama, who finished their season undefeated 13-0, won the SEC Championship, 54-16.
Sunday, we drove back to the Atlanta Dome for an NFL game, Falcons vs. Chiefs. Zac is a big Chiefs fan and from Kansas, so I surprised him with tickets to the game. The whole family came with!
My Dad and Zac were making everyone laugh as they bantered back and forth. Dad was rooting for the Falcons, Zac was rooting for the Chiefs. Dad would yell, "Did you see that?" Zac would respond, "Psh. See what? Just Wait!" This is a good season for Chiefs and Falcons so it was a good game to watch. Chiefs won in the final minutes of the fourth when they picked off the ball and scored a two-point conversion. Final score, 29-28.
Hope everyone had a good weekend!






You look super cute in your Albama gear! I'm not a big football fan, but live sports are so fun! Looks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a packed house! I'm sure this game was a blast!
ReplyDelete